Sunday, September 12, 2010

paper heart


Everyone beautiful is invited to the a ball, but I cannot help but notice the tatters dragging from my paper gown. Taped glass slippers stick in the mud as we ponderously make our way towards the majestic castle, his castle. The bridge drops from beneath us and we plunge into the mote, but it's only butterflies from here on out, the scullery-fairies tell us as we are guided into the other-worldly atrium. Snap snap! Take pictures, they'll last longer than the gowns. We giggle.

"I haven't talked to you in awhile," I text into his ear, coyly. "But I like Jeffrey better."

"I used to be madly in love with you."

"When?" I tap.

"Halloween."

"I used to like you too."

"When?"

Five texts ago. Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye.

12 comments:

  1. i don't know why this makes me so sad :(
    i hope you're alright! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Holly! I think I`m okay, just feeling a little light-headed, and melancholy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here. Thank you for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, sweety! I just wanted to say hi (Hi!) & thank you for taking time to leave such a wonderful comment. I have been insecure about my blog lately, so reading your words made my tiny heart happy, so happy!

    Stina.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is melancholic in a way. And I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're very welcome! Everything I said was completely true, and you shouldn't feel insecure about such a lovely site. :)

    Thank you, writer of The Deer Diary. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling, for some reason, I too felt a slight pang in my sinking heart when I read these beautiful words.

    You're a stunning girl, and I believe somewhat of a secret princess or something magical to an extent. The feeling I got from this was soothing, yet it made me feel lifeless for a moment. Almost frozen.

    Thank you for this, dear. I hope everything is swell with you.

    Much Love,
    Norah xxx
    'lets run away' @ http://thislittleblogbelongstome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Norah,

    Your lovely comment makes this blog worth it, because if it weren't for fantastic starlings like yourself, I would have given up writing the Wendy Bird long ago. I am not stunning, but you are. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Words cannot describe how special you are!

    A thousand bundles of wishes,

    not wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear girl who is Not Wendy,

    I've seen you around here and there in this immense blogging world and today I decided to stop by your blog. I am very glad I did, your blog is delightful! You are a very gifted writer. :)
    I hope your bout of melancholy has diminished without leaving a trace.

    Much love,

    Melee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Melee,

    Thank you ever so much for reading, and following too! My sincere apology for replying so late, real life is getting extremely hectic at the moment. You are so kind. xxx

    -NW

    And thank you as well, thanatosis! :)

    ReplyDelete