Saturday, September 25, 2010

The next day it's time for me to go, without saying goodbye. He catches sight of me and looks the other way, but it's all the better. Step into another world, the real one, and I'm at a magnificent party by the sea. I wish I could remember everything, but it's been so many nights and my memory is waning with the phases of the moon. Minutes are years, there. Splash, splash, you've gotten fairy dust on my new dress! Yes, we must save it, but it's just so beautiful here. The water is a magic water, and it'll wash all your fears and qualities and memories away, until your left with a mermaid-creature, and everyone likes mermaids. I whisper, We must make up a rhyme so we never forget. Peter wouldn't like that, but the other one would. Maybe he hasn't forgotten yet! I don't know about S, it's been too long for reconnaissance and besides, talk of war is frowned upon here. I hate letters and liars.

I'd never ever leave if this were Neverland, but this, this changes everything. Ignore the aching feeling in your heart that something is wrong here, something fantastic is missing from this fantasy. My greatest fear is that one day we will all look back and not remember.


[image source]

12 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful. I love the part about fairy dust on the dress. That is such a thrilling idea!
    And I'm terribly sorry if your heart is heavy with sorrow and disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I think I become too immersed in things that have never happened. I remain too passive of the things that are happening now, and that's what makes me so disappointed.
    Thank you. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling girl, thank you for all of your sweet comments on my blog all the time.

    You're a gem, and I could not ask for a sweeter person to read my words, I truly could not.

    You are such a poet, such a star, such a person my heart is so full, full, full from the emotions you made me feel right now.

    Bless you, love.

    Yours,
    Norah of Lets Run Away xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Norah, but I fear you see much more in me than what's really there. You are wonderful, bless your heart. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I'd go to Neverland now, if I could. I guess the whole idea got a little bit too scary. Sad, really.
    This post is beautiful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Holly, that is so sad to me, but some people thrive in growing up I think. Thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so beautiful dear. I actually do like growing up, but still keep a young heart. I like having both :)
    but, oh your words are magic...
    MJ xx
    p.s. Thanks for your comment, I have answered to your question on my blog. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is magical, dear. i've always longed to go to Neverland, i hate growing up!
    you weave words like ribbons :)
    xxx
    p.s. thank you, more than i can say, for your sweet comment

    ReplyDelete
  9. my email address is minnadreams@hotmail.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Char and MJ, and also Minna for the email. :) You are all so sweet!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much! It is so amazing to hear positive feedback from such awe-inspiring writers like yourself.

    You too! :) xx

    ReplyDelete