Friday, September 3, 2010

At home, wondering. Where could my little dog be? A noise like fire and static crackles upon our ears but it is only the phone, turned on, and someone ominous is listening. Daddy glances bemusedly at the caller number and goes upstairs. Whispering, we are left alone. Against my wishes Y lounges on the deck with his telescope, playing at star hunter but it's all in vain. Because tonight the sky is empty for all the stars have fallen and I desperately call for him to please, come inside where it's safe! He comes with a sigh but I see my little dog's large eyes sparkle in the bushes and I just have to find her. A dark shape running, a tinkle, and a Dementor appears with a white face and everything slows down and I trip and my dying scream is silenced as my soul is broken into a thousand pieces. Where is your heart? My first nightmare in years.

18 comments:

  1. Dear WEndy, what a chilling but beautiful short.....I was pulled in and I experienced this right along side you. Wow. And you came to visit ME? Thank you, and where are you from? Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your lovely words, Anita! This was one of my worst nightmares, but instead of dwelling on it, I turned it into a story. I`m afraid I can`t disclose where I specifically reside, but I do live in the USA. :)

    Thank you so much for reading, sweetling. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful and haunting. though i hope you have more sweet dreams dear ♥

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, beautiful yet haunting. You write with such ease, and produce such wonderful stories. Another brilliant story.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks to you both! I hope so too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my, you had me completely entranced. This piece is quite marvellous <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is so hauntingly beautiful! You are an incredible writer! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can say the same for you, Princess Camille. Thank you! x

    @ Sympathy for the Devil: I am someone who would have stayed in Neverland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my stars! This sounds like an ultra-sensory nightmare... the kind that seem so real that it wakes you with a racing heart-beat. I hope you had a plushie or doll nearby to hug. xo

    P.S. "my little dog's large eyes sparkle in the bushes" This part sounded so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was, it was. Thank goodness I had my little webkinz snow-bear to snuggle with. ;)

    Thank you for reading, dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My heart was racing like a hummingbird; nightmares can be o haunting, can't they?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't dreamt at all lately; I'd love to have a nightmare these days :(
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's the worst when you know you had a really good dream and you can't remember it, nightmare or not. I think I'd rather have a bad dream than no dreams.

    Thank you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haunting. Chilling. Very, very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete