Sunday, October 31, 2010
























Clocks have always frightened me, and I hate teachers and love sweets. My best friends are like cats (which I hate) who like to hiss like they're rattle snakes. Sometimes I purposefully confuse apparitions with reality to make life more exotic, but I'm a real Princess at heart, so do mind your worst manners. My parents are gypsies and my grandfather was a mermaid when he was very young, and he could kill you with only one fin intact.

"Is that so?" cried Mrs. Lemmons. Mrs. Lemmons is my teacher and I giggled secretively. Her brown locks hung about her melon-head like Medusa, and when she had a seizure (like she was doing now), they seemed to glare down at me so much more than her beautiful features ever could. Her desk toppled over but none of the other children seemed to notice or care. Marissa Chambers took notes and looked at me through her nostrils. I had the sudden urge to kill her but bit her hard instead.

"MRS. LEMMONS!"

Mrs. Lemmons took one look and led me away, out the back door of our classroom across the football fields and into the woods. I waved to my friends, and everyone except Marissa Chambers waved back. We understood that everything was going to be as it should be, and I never truly belonged stuffed up in a classroom.

We walked for a long time before Mrs. Lemmons stopped, panting, leaning on a weeping willow to support her bloated physique. We had reached the barrier and she could go no further. I was gently pushed forward and given two golden coins.

"Goodbye, my Princess."

I nodded, and disappeared.



(image from rags and tatters)

13 comments:

  1. Oh, your stories. Your stories ♥ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Its rather comforting to read.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this, and that photograph too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe all of us girls have at least a little bit of wildness inside us, that makes us long for happiness, wishing to see the world, unable to be restrained.

    I love your stories, they are so magical <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I think some of you have missed the point, lol. Think about what the two coins mean.. what they /really/ symbolize, and have meant in literature mythology religion etc.

    Thank you so much for your sweet words, though! Mars, I agree so entirely, if all of society was wild the world would be a better place. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very bad at deciphering meanings, but I do know I love this story! It's very mysterious and mystical. I so enjoy your posts! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are always more than welcome to go off on a tangent, lovely one :) and thank you so much for your lovely, wonderful words of advice. Toby does know how I feel - better than anyone else, and he feels the same. We were together for over a year, it's just that I'm now 800 miles away at university & it's circumstance that's driven us apart. Sometimes things don't work out, even when they might seem to be perfect. Beginning to understand that that's just the way of things, and that everything happens for a reason :)

    (I went trick or treating until I was fourteen, too!)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You write in a very beautiful away.

    "I purposefully confuse apparitions with reality to make life more exotic"

    Thank you for your lovely comment, i am your new folower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I might understand what the two coins reference but I am too wishy-washy to be certain.

    Your little snippets of stories are incredible. Their brevity does not detract from them in the least!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Camille: I enjoy writing them. Thank you for reading! <3

    Whispy Love: And you. <3

    Holly: I am so sorry to hear that. I hope after university you two will end up together and not even the stars themselves will keep you apart. xxx

    Michelle: I am so glad you think my writing is beautiful! I feel like it is still mediocre but I think I have improved a lot since my older posts.

    Melee: That is my problem, most times. My stories and writings are too short to be published in literary magazines and anthologies and the like, but I can't seem to make myself write anymore than this (and if I do it comes out sounding dreadful like the Lost Castle). Thank you so much for your sweet words. xx

    ReplyDelete